CREW Network Foundation Scholarship
The CREW Network Foundation scholarship is intended to encourage women to pursue an education which will lead to a career in the commercial real estate industry and will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- Applications accepted between Jan. 3 - Apr. 25, 2014
- Scholars notified in June of 2014
- Funds mailed to scholars in Aug. of 2014 and Jan. of 2015
- Scholars complete summer internship at CBRE between June and July of 2015
The number of awards will be based upon the availability of interest income from the CREW Network Foundation scholarship endowment, contributions, and matching corporate funds. The specific dollar amount of each award will not be less than $5,000 and is to be used to cover the costs of tuition and books.
Scholarship recipients will also receive:
Paid internship at CBRE
Free CREW Network student membership
Complimentary registration to the CREW Network Convention & Marketplace
The applicant must be a female enrolled as a full-time student at a college or university with an accredited real estate program or students enrolled in full time applicable graduate programs. Applications will also be considered if the applicant is a female enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university that does not have an accredited real estate program, but where the applicant’s focus of study is on any area included in the qualified fields of commercial real estate for CREW membership, and where it is the applicant’s intent to pursue a career in commercial real estate.
- The applicant must be a full-time student of junior or senior standing or enrolled in an applicable graduate program during the 2014-15 academic calendar year.
- The applicant must have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- The scholarship is only available to female citizens of the United States and Canada.
The selection shall be based on merit and consideration shall be given to the following factors:
- Academic record
- Commitment to a career within the commercial real estate industry
- Extracurricular activities
- History of employment
- Personal and professional references
- Practical experience in the field (internship or job)
- Noteworthy accomplishments (can be related to studies,community service, etc.)
- Written statement about career goals
- Scholarship awards may only be used for tuition and book expenses.
- Scholarship awards may be revoked at any time if a recipient's academic work falls below the acceptable standards established by this award, or the student drops below full-time status.
- Scholarship recipients must complete a paid internship at CBRE the summer following the academic year for which the scholarship grant was awarded.
- Scholarship recipients will become student members of CREW Network; membership is complimentary for the 12 months following the grant of the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will participate in the CREW Network eMentoring program during the 12 months following the grant of the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients are strongly encouraged to connect with a CREW Network chapter and attend at least two meetings during the academic year for which the scholarship grant was awarded.
- Scholarship recipients strongly encouraged to attend the CREW Network Convention & Marketplace; registration is complimentary for convention immediately following the grant of the scholarship
The application must be received in its entirety by CREW Network Foundation by Apr. 25, 2014, 5 p.m. (Central). Unmarked materials will not be considered. Required materials are as follows:
- Printed copy of online application
- Official copies of all collegiate grade records, certified by the registrar or other qualified college official. Graduate students must include all undergraduate grade records in addition to any completed graduate studies.
- Two letters of recommendation submitted in envelopes marked "Confidential" and sealed by the reference with his/her signature over the seal. The letters should be from professors or employers. At least one of the letters must be from a professor in the applicable accredited real estate program or, if attending a university lacking an accredited real estate program,from a professor in the related field of study.
CREW Network Foundation
1201 Wakarusa Dr Ste D
Lawrence, KS 66073
The Scholarship Selection Committee will do a preliminary review of applications and submit its recommendations to the CREW Network Board of Directors for approval. The CREW Network Board of Directors will conduct the administration of the scholarship program and will have complete and final authority to confer or revoke scholarships and make other decisions pertaining to the use of funds in the CREW Network Foundation scholarship program.
Award recipients will be notified via phone call and letter. Applicants not selected will be notified via email. Award recipients will sign an agreement confirming their understanding of the GPA, full-time student status and CBRE internship requirements. Award recipients will submit updated transcripts and proof of spring enrollment following the completion of the fall semester.
Read 2013 scholar,
thank you letter »
print and mail »