Journey to the Boardroom
Designed to help C-suite* and senior executive level** women raise their profile and prepare for corporate board positions, CREW Network’s Corporate Board Training will focus on the skills, resources and tools that women need to be exceptional candidates for board service. You will emerge with the skills, strategy and confidence to succeed as a corporate director in the years to come. You will also gain connections with executive search firms who specialize in corporate board placement.
*C-suite: CEO, COO, CFO, CMO, CIO, CHRO or CAO
**Senior executive: Executive Managing Director, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Senior Vice President, Managing Director, Principal, or equivalent
In this full-day program, you will:
Learn about the role of a corporate board member
Gain insights about the skill, experience, and knowledge needed to be qualified to serve as corporate board members
Learn how to be eligible and position yourself for corporate board service
- Develop a strategy for identifying and pursuing corporate board service opportunities
CREW Network Corporate Board Training will be led by Dr. Victoria Medvec
Dr. Medvec is the Adeline Barry Davee Professor of Management and Organizations at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. In addition, Dr. Medvec is a co-founder and the Executive Director of the Center for Executive Women at the Kellogg School and the CEO of Medvec and Associates, a consulting firm focused on high stakes negotiations and strategic decisions.
Please note these important details:
- This training is appropriate for C-suite and senior executive level women who want to contribute to corporate governance at the highest level.
- C-suite: CEO, COO, CFO, CMO, CIO, CHRO or CAO
- Senior executive: Executive Managing Director, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Senior Vice President, Managing Director, Principal, or equivalent
- The program cost is $2,500 USD for CREW Network members and $3,500 USD for nonmembers. The fee does not include travel or lodging.
- Space is limited.
NOTE: The application is comprehensive and requires writing and a letter of recommendation. Plan ahead to give yourself ample time to complete your submission. The online application will allow you to log in and out of your application, saving your work as you go.
Application deadline is Jan. 31, 2020. Program applicants will be selected and notified in March.
CREW Network Chief Learning Officer
+1 (785) 856-8262