Identify the skills to be a more inclusive leader
As organizations strive to improve their efforts in diversity, equity and inclusion, it is increasingly important for leaders to understand how they can identify and build inclusive leadership skills. In this interactive and fast-paced session, you will:
- gain a foundational understanding of inclusion and how it connects with diversity
- explore the impact of unconscious bias and privilege on creating an inclusive environment
- examine a model of inclusive leadership skills and behaviors
- assess yourself against the inclusive leadership model
- identify skills that they want to develop
You will leave this workshop with an increased awareness of the benefits of inclusion and have a better understanding of inclusive leadership skills that they can continue to develop. Breakout sessions will be used to build connection and allow for small group discussion.
Janese is the founder and president of Inclusion Impact Consulting, LLC, a diversity, equity and inclusion consulting firm. Janese consults with diversity and inclusion leaders to build sustainable strategies and practices to meet their organizational goals and objectives. She also conducts interactive workshops and facilitates small group discussion.