Member-to-Member Business Success: CREW Orlando
Membership Has Its Privileges
By Diana Robinson, CREW Atlanta
Elizabeth "Libby" Wingard knows firsthand that to be part of the big deals, you must get in on the ground floor, literally. Wingard, a Senior Associate of Business Development at Spectra Contract Flooring, was part of an award-winning, powerhouse networking team within CREW Orlando’s membership that included Natalee Gleiter with JLL, Karen Moorefield, Danny Gordon and Steve Belflower from HuntonBrady Architects, and Tony Hanson, formerly of Pennington & Associates.
Together, this team closed business on multiple tenant improvement projects within JLL’s portfolio. Many of the projects involved establishing new building standards for common areas, as well as tenant standards, for JLL’s properties in Central Florida including Celebration, Lake Mary and downtown Orlando. These projects resulted in improvements to more than 200,000 sq. ft. and transactions in excess of $500,000.00. Winners of the Orlando chapter’s Networking Deal of the Year, this team also competed for an Impact Award at the CREW Network level.
When asked for the key to the team’s success, Wingard is quick to credit Gleiter and her commitment to tapping CREW members as networking partners. “She walks the walk, and talks the talk,” said Wingard. “Natalee uses preferred service providers from CREW Orlando to care for her clients and get the deals done. Some of the group’s original members have changed, but Natalee insists that the company’s replacement is a CREW member, and the networking circle remains unbroken.”
CREW Network members involved in the deal:
- Elizabeth B. Wingard, Senior Associate Business Development, Spectra Contract Flooring
- Natalee B. Gleiter, Vice President/Leasing Director, JLL
- Karen F. Moorefield, Director - Corporate Development, HuntonBrady Architects
- Danny Gordon, AIA, LEED AP, Vice President, HuntonBrady Architects
- Steve Belflower, AIA, LEED AP, Associate Principal, HuntonBrady Architects
- Tony Hanson, President, Hanson Construction, Inc. (Pennington & Associates Jan. 2013 - Jan. 2017)
Have you been involved in a great deal or collaboration between CREW members? Click here to submit your own story!