CREW Network chapters provide a vehicle to connect with diverse commercial real estate professionals who aim to work collaboratively to influence the industry
While CREW Network can facilitate discussions through the member community and offers educational opportunities at our annual convention and leadership summits, chapters can provide more frequent in-person opportunities for professionals to work together, network and learn about developments or legislature local to the region.
CREW chapters are created and incorporated as independent organizations in their state/province. Once established as an organization, the group submits an application for affiliation to CREW Network, which is voted upon by representatives from the existing affiliated chapters.
CREW Network provides assistance to groups of individuals who are interested in investing the time and energy needed to start a CREW Network chapter. CREW Network has a library of resources available for use by at-large members to convey the proper messaging and standard policies that have proven imperative for a successful and sustainable chapter.
Step 1: Become an at-large member
How can you tell others about the organization if you don’t have first-hand experience of the power of the network?
Step 2: Encourage your colleagues to become at-large members
Generating interest in CREW happens best as a grassroots effort, where energy and enthusiasm for the organization happens organically.
View the Qualified fields of Commercial Real Estate
- At least three (3) at-large members are required in an area to apply as a chapter
- Have a standing time/date/location to meet up with other members for coffee/drinks. It's a simple networking plan and a great way to invite other industry colleagues to join.
- Be on the lookout for high-level professionals from every aspect of the commercial real estate industry. Check the list of qualified fields of commercial real estate for reference.
Step 3: Do a general assessment of your market with other at-large members
View chapter composition requirements
- Is the commercial real estate market expanding in your area?
- Are there enough players in the local commercial real estate field who could be interested in belonging to a business networking group?
- Are there local companies/corporations that would be willing to provide start-up funding for a business networking group?
Step 4: Assess the volunteer resources of the members who are committed to the effort
- Are there enough dedicated individuals willing to expend the time and energy necessary for the formation of an organization?
- Completing and filing legal documents
- Developing and writing a strategic plan, bylaws, procedures
- Recruiting members (HINT: recruit the industry's heavy-hitters and the rest will find you)
- Soliciting sponsorship and corporate support
- Planning and coordinating get-together/events
Once you are ready, CREW Network has prepared a list of new chapter requirements that will help ensure you've met all necessary requirements prior to submitting your application for affiliation with CREW Network.
View New Chapter Requirements
CREW Network Director, Chapter Services
+1 (785) 856-8274